Thursday, May 4, 2017

Designing something new...

Now we're stepping into May (finally!) I thought I'd reflect back on April and let you know a little of what I've been up to. For me April has been all about designing some new pieces for Autumn/ Winter 2017.



Throughout the Christmas period I was mainly busy knitting and packing orders, so much so it becomes hard to think about anything else, let alone deigning new pieces. So finally in April after catching up on admin, emails and trade shows throughout January, February and march (as well as having a little holiday in between!) I was able to take some time out to get the creative juices flowing once again!


For inspiration I always start with Pinterest, it's a great way to find some beautiful pictures, patterns and colour combinations fast. I also love looking at magazines, blogs, books and trend websites. 


This year I have loved the monochrome trend which uses lots of different textures and patterns using white, greys and black. However I'm also in love with bright yellow at the moment. Both will be making an appearance in some new pieces this year I'm sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment